Thursday, January 10, 2019

New Year's Resolution: Write More

Hello Everyone!

I don't know if you could really say this is a resolution or not, but I am interested in writing more again in the new year. So, I thought it was maybe time to dig up the old blog again. I've been on hiatus for about two years. My last post was in January of 2017. At the time, I probably had a similar thought "I'm going to write more in the blog this year!" but alas... here we are. In the past two years, we welcomed our daughter, who is now 18 months old and full of vim. And, well, she keep us pretty busy, so finding time to write has been difficult. But I do miss writing, so I'm going to give it another go!

18 months old and ready to ROCK ON!


Here's how I see this going.  At a minimum, one post per week. Just one per week! Totally doable, right?  I think that one-post minimum will be something like the Fitness, Farm, and Life posts I've done in the past, with brief updates in each of those realms. Anything else is bonus!  Some thoughts I've had, though, are a simple 5 pictures from my week post, or even a completing a weekly writing prompt. Just something to get the words flowing. Perhaps reinstating the Thankful Thursday posts? Who doesn't need a bit more focus on gratitude?!?!  We'll just see what I can keep up with.  If you're reading this now, what would you like to see or read about?

So, I guess to kick things off, here's what's happening in Fitness, Farm, and Life right now!




Fitness-
New Years Resolutions really are in full swing, huh? Right now, I'm dealing with some injuries, so I'm not running much. Like pretty much not at all. Instead, i'm focusing on yoga, strength training, walking on the treadmill, and using the new bike trainer we set up. We have a smart trainer and we're using it with the Rouvy app to "Virtually" ride routes all over the world! It's a lot of fun. :)  We're also really hoping to get in a lot of ski days this winter (a lot for us would be a number greater than 2) since last year we had an infant and the year before that I was pregnant.
This was a ride I did on Rouvy in Germany!

Farm--

With it being winter, there's not a ton going on with the farm. The cows are staying up close to the house and Jeff feeds them hay daily. He's also been spending long days hauling wheat to the elevator in town. We've had a pretty open winter, which is to say it has been mild, with little snow. It's great for hauling wheat and feeding cows, but not great for moisture prospects for the crops we'll be seeding in a few short months. Honestly, a little snow wouldn't be a bad thing.
This picture was taken before Christmas when we were still grazing cattle on crop stubble.

Life-
Not a ton to report! I'm still working as the secretary at our local Elementary. This year, I'm also the P.E. instructor, which is a fun challenge and gets me out of the office for an hour each day.  Right now, the kids are doing their mid-year check-in fitness testing. They are doing great!

In the spirit of the New Year, here's my Best Nine from 2018:

Well, I guess that's all for today! Stay tuned as I hope to keep up with writing regularly!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post in your comments.