Saturday, March 21, 2015

StitchFix March 2015 Review

My March Stitch Fix box has arrived! Yippee!

I haven't received a box since early January, so it's been about two months. I skipped February because I knew we would be wanting to spend freely on our trip to Red Lodge. My fix in January was disappointing and I only ended up keeping one item. The one item I did keep, however, I wear all the time and I love it!

In the interim, which seemed like an agonizingly long time, I trolled the internet to see what others have been getting in their fixes, and did a lot of pinning to my Pinterest board to help my stylist out. I also made a few changes to my style profile. Needless to say, my March fix has been greatly anticipated!

In my note to my stylist this time, I requested some new clothes in spring colors- turquoise, cobalt blue, coral, white. Also, some non-denim jeans or chinos that I could wear to work.  My stylist did a great job trying to address my requests in my note as well as looking at my Pinterest board for inspiration.

Here's what I got--
41Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan
THML Kahlo Knit Top
41Hawthorn Georgia Crewneck Raglan Top
Margart M Emer Textured Tall Straight Leg Pant
41Hawthorn Filbert 3/4 Sleeve Popover Blouse
These are the style cards that arrived with my fix this time, and the note my stylist, Anna, sent. 
This time, once again, my fix arrived a few days late. I don't blame Stitch Fix though. I live in an extremely rural area with limited mail delivery, so it's not their fault. My box was here when I got home from school and track practice on Wednesday, and we also had something at our church that evening, too. So, it was 8:00pm, I hadn't showered after Track and having a long day... That's my disclaimer as to my personal appearance not looking very fresh. I do want to credit my friend Stephanie for her input, for Jeff's input, and for Carol, my Mother-In-Law for snapping the photos and for her input. Thanks guys!

Let's start with the Margart M Emer Textured Tall Straight Leg Pant and the 41Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan.
Margaret M Emer Textured Tall Straight Leg Pant and 41Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Cardigan.
41Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan
I have seen this cardigan many a time in other Stitch Fix review posts, blogs, on Pinterest, on Facebook, etc. It comes in many colors and is versatile and flattering on most everyone. It's pretty basic, but I know I 'll wear it a ton. It fits perfect and it's a great color for me. It's also really soft! In the photo it looks black, but it's actually a really dark navy. Perfect for when I want to wear Bobcat colors (navy and gold) to school! I knew I would keep this item before I even tried it on. Status: KEPT!

Margart M Emer Textured Tall Straight Leg Pant
Hard to see in my photos, but there is a nice texture to these pants. They're like a stretchy jacquard woven pant. They have a high waist and a sort of built in tummy control panel. They are SUPER comfy. My stylist said she didn't have any white jeans in stock, but sent these instead. Well, they're far from white jeans, lol, but they are cobalt blue, which I had requested and pinned. They're also Tall in sizing and I'm definitely not tall. So they're about three inches too long for me. I have the skills to hem them, but at the price of $98.00, I wasn't wild about having do to extra work to make them just right. I thought pretty hard about keeping these. They fit perfect, are really comfortable, and are just the right North Star Blue color I could wear for school events. Our school has a no-leggings dress code though, and while these aren't leggings exactly, they're pretty close, so I probably wouldn't wear them to school. And I'm certainly not going to wear them around on the farm. Status: Unsure. 

The second outfit I tried was Margart M Emer Textured Tall Straight Leg Pant again, with the 41Hawthorn Filbert 3/4 Sleeve Popover Blouse. 
41 Hawthorn Filbert 3/4 Sleeve Popover Blouse and Margaret M Emer Textured Tall Pants.
41Hawthorn Filbert 3/4 Sleeve Popover Blouse
In her note, my stylist suggested I try these two on together. They do look great as an outfit. White isn't an awesome color with my skin tone, but I think with a scarf and some jewelry, this would work all together. I honestly own very, very few white tops and have wished for a good, basic white blouse or button down shirt I can wear to business casual events, or to school, especially under a blazer. It's pretty thin and see-through, but since I pretty much always wear a cami under my shirts anyway, that doesn't bother me. I also don't love the 100% polyester fiber content and usually wouldn't keep something all-synthetic, but since I'm lacking tops like this, I decided to keep it. Again, it fit perfect and was flattering and overall pretty comfortable. I packed it in my suitcase for my trip to Wichita and plan to wear it under a blazer. Status: KEPT!

Next I tried on the THML Kahlo Knit Top.
THML Kahlo Knit Top
THML Kahlo Knit Top
This is another favorite that's been on plenty a StitchFix blog post and pinterest board. Again, I knew immediately when I saw it that unless it fit horribly that I would keep it. The fit was perfect, so there was that! I love the mix of stripes and embroidery. The coral embroidery is a great accent and I also like the high-low hem of the shirt. This top is a great combo of fitted and flowy and is very flattering! Tops that are too boxy or too flowy don't look great on me, so this was a good mix of both. Coral is a color that I like for spring and summer but doesn't look awesome next to my face, so today I actually wore this same outfit again, but added a navy scarf to add a little contrast and because blue looks better on me. Anyway, overall status of this shirt: Kept! I love this top and I know I'll wear it a lot. I immediately got a compliment on this shirt right when I walked in to school. Definite keeper!

Last item I tried was the 41Hawthorn Georgia Crewneck Raglan Top.
41Hawthorn Georgia Crewneck Raglan Top
41Hawthorn Georgia Crewneck Raglan Top
I really liked the look and style of this top right out of the box. I love raglan style sleeves and I like the bright, contrasting colors. It was soft and comfortable and fit like a sweatshirt. The downside to this top was that it was just barely a little too boxy for me through my shoulders and upper torso, and also confirmed that coral is a color that washes out my complexion. I was not planning to keep this sweater, but then Carol, my MIL, said she really liked it so I encouraged her to try it on...

41Hawthorn Georgia Crewneck Raglan Top
...and it looked really fabulous on her! The fit was better on her and the color was excellent with her skin tone! She offered to buy it from me, so we decided to make that happen. Status: Kept, but not for me!

So that brought me back to the Margaret M pants. In the end, I decided to keep them because I was money ahead to do so. Stitch Fix gives you a 25% discount on your entire order if you keep everything. I am actually offering them for sale on the super-secret StitchFix message board on Facebook and already have a few people in line to take them. So, then I'll really be money ahead! If you're interested in buying the pants, please let me know. Full price is $98.00, but I'm selling them for $75.00 (including shipping). They are new with tags. Leave me a comment or message if you'd like to get in line to buy them!

In the end, since I kept all five items, I got my 25% discount. I'm only actually keeping for myself three tops, and after selling the sweater to Carol and once I sell the Margaret M pants, the total I will have spent on the three tops will be $105.00. Not too bad for three new shirts of good quality that I know I'll wear a bunch! I was also really happy with my stylist this time and requested to have her again. I would really love to sort of start a "relationship" with one stylist, rather than bouncing around each time, as I have in the past.

In case you're wondering, here is the archives of blog posts I've done from fixes past:
Stitch Fix January 2015 Review
StitchFix December 2014 Review
StitchFix October 2014 Review
I also got a fix in September, but never did a blog post or review about it. So, this fix was actually my 5th fix so far! I also gave my Mom a gift card for Christmas to get her started. She's received a few fixes now, too, and says she has really been liking it. She kept two items from her first fix and three from her second. I'm glad the gift worked out and that the service fills a need for her!

If you'd like to sign up to start receiving Stitch Fix boxes, please consider doing so using my REFERRAL LINK. I will get a $25.00 credit when you sign up and receive your first fix.

Thanks for reading, everyone! I hope you all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I really liked the Georgia Crewneck Raglan Top but agree that it looks great on your MIL :)

    Thanks for sharing your fix- very cool that you kept all three. I actually have the white blouse and the navy cardigan. Funny!

    I LOVE the bright blue pants, but I think I have too many bright blue pants already, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, I meant that you kept the whole box. Score!

      Delete
    2. Yeah I did keep the whole box but didn't really keep everything... it was great to get my discount for keeping the whole thing though! My MIL got a great sweater and somebody in South Carolina will enjoy the blue pants more than me! In the end, it worked out great!

      Delete
  2. Lots of cute tops! I do like the blue pants as well on you but no you are not that tall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. They were also a little pricey. I found someone online who wanted to buy them, though, so I sold them for $75, which was the price they would have been at 25% off anyway, and shipped them off!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post in your comments.