Monday, January 14, 2019

Family Pasture Hike

The weather here lately has been really nice, as in, not at all wintery! This past weekend, it felt downright Spring-like, so we tried to get outside and take advantage. It wasn't even windy! Sunday was nearly 50 degrees, so Jeff, Genevieve, and I packed up for a hike through our pastures. We really enjoyed ourselves and took a bunch of pictures!

Starting off! 
 Genevieve spent most of the hike in the backpack carrier, with Jeff. This was an old hand-me-down from a friend and, while it's probably on it's last legs at this point, it still gets the job done. I think Genevieve enjoys the vantage point for the most part, although she would really rather be walking on her on volition. Sometimes it takes a few distractions to keep her interested. She "helps" us look for deer and bunnies, or we sing songs, or encourage her one-year-old babbling.  It's just great to get outside as a family!
Snake Grass in Sage Creek.
 Despite the warm weather, Sage Creek is still iced over. This is near the natural spring, to the south of our house and yard.
Views!

Genevieve and me with the Sweetgrass Hills in the background.
 Little Miss Independent and Mama!  Genevieve got out for a little hiking on her own. She was thrilled!  What a lucky girl to get to have such a wide open space to grow up in!
Her very own Pride Rock!
 Don't worry- Harvey came too! He was just as thrilled as the rest of us to take a hike!
Harvey entertains Genevieve while we adjust her pack a bit.

 Seriously, what a nice day! 
Cow paths make great running and hiking trails!
That may be the end of our pasture hikes for a while. I think the weather is supposed to turn colder and possibly snowy later this week!  If I'm being honest, I love snow, so I'm kind of excited! Plus, I really like my seasons to be how they're "supposed" to be!!! It's supposed to be cold and snowy in January, darn it!  Stay tuned...

Hope you enjoyed this photo post from our hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post in your comments.