Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Weekly Review through February 24!

Another awesome week in Fitness, Farm, and Life! Read on for more!

Fitness
This week started off strong, but we were really busy over the weekend, so I really tapered off on Friday-Sunday.
February 18- 30 minute dance workout on YouTube
February 19- 35 Minutes virtual ride on Rouvy!
February 20- 30 minutes dance routine for Shape Up Montana challenge!
February 21- 45 minutes treadmill walking. Sometimes I watch movies or tv shows. I have to say that the climax of Thelma and Louise really kept me walking! Such a great movie!
Recognize this unforgettable scene?!
February 22- Rest.
February 23- Drive to Bozeman. Rest day.
February 24- Drive from Bozeman. Rest day.

This week for Shape Up Montana, our weekly challenge was to complete the "Shape Up Jam" dance and submit a video of the dance. I did it. My video is ridiculously bad, as are my dancing skills. If you want a laugh, here it is:

Farm-
We are nearly ready to start calving season. Our "due date" is March 1, so we could actually start any day. Jeff spent the week preparing the corrals and doing other chores in advance of calving. Then on Friday, he and a friend of ours sorted our animals into groups: older cows, young cows/heifers, and late-calvers. We also have a separate pen for our bulls, and another for the yearlings. It remains frigidly cold with highs in the single digits below zero and lows in the -20s or worse. Horrible weather for calving. We are hoping the cows will hold off until it warms up even a little bit!
Hello, girls!
This is the yearling pen. 
Life
We took a quick overnight trip to Bozeman for a family gathering. It was nice to get together, even if it was brief. It was a lot of car time for Genevieve, but overall, she handled it pretty well!
Traveling to Bozeman!
She's just too much with those pigtails!

I also just finished reading Becoming by Michelle Obama. I don't normally read a lot of biographies/autobiographies, but I really enjoyed this book. She is someone I think we can all learn from in terms of making the best out of every situation, positive mindset, encouraging others, and much more. If you haven't read this book, I would highly recommend it, regardless of your politics. To be honest, it's much more about her as a person than it is about politics anyway. It is especially eye opening to read about life from the viewpoint of an African-American woman, as her experience was vastly different from mine.

That's all for this week! Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post in your comments.