Friday, November 7, 2014

Miss February

I can't believe I've gone this long since the Montana Farmers Union Annual Convention to talk about the MFU Women in Agriculture Calendars!

Remember that calendar project I participated in? I've written about it a few times:

Here: Pre-Order Your Calendar Today!

And, Here: Agricultural Calendar Girls.  <==== One of my most popular posts!

The calendars are DONE and they were unveiled at the MFU convention. All of us calendar girls who could attend the convention were called up in front of the audience and given a copy of the calendar. We were also surprised with a beautiful canvas print of our calendar image, courtesy of MFU.

The calendars turned out FANTASTIC! Kim Owen, the photographer for the project, was fantastic to work with at my photo shoot last spring, and the images turned out simply beautiful. Kudos to Kim!

If you click on this link, you can see some of the images from the photo shoot. When prompted, type in the password " mfu " to gain access.
http://www.kraecreations.com/montana-farmers-union-women-of-agriculture/
There is a really fabulous photo that Kim took of my dog, Harvey, during my photo shoot that I would love to get my hands on somehow as a print or canvas or something. He's a pretty handsome guy, that Harvey!

I picked up some calendars at the convention for family and close friends, but if you'd like one for yourself, you can order one. The calendars are available for $20 to order through the Montana Farmers Union website, here: www.montanafarmersunion.com. When you see the banner show info on the Women in Ag calendar, click on it to be directed to PayPal to check out. Proceeds from calendar sales will help fund our MFU women's leadership education and programs, including the next Women's Conference, to be held likely sometime in January or February.

Plus, did I mention that I am Miss February?! Me and a mama cow, that is! Oh, and her calf.What a little cutie he is! :) Those two really steal the show.  Let's face it-- it's the animals, not the person that makes this photo shine!

The best part of this project was being associated with eleven months' worth of intelligent, dynamic, and beautiful-inside-and-out women who are passionate about their piece of the agricultural puzzle in Montana. The finished product really showcases the widely diverse agricultural pursuits our state hosts, and the wonderful women who do their part to keep a hungry world fed, clothed, and fueled. Kudos to everyone who participated!

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous photo! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You should totally order a calendar, Christy! Actually, you would be a great candidate to be in the next edition of the calendar! Let me know if you're interested and I can get you set up with the right person. :)

      Delete
    2. That would be fun! We aren't in the Farmers Union, we are in the Farm Bureau

      Delete
    3. That's cool. Both organizations advocate for farmers and ranchers. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post in your comments.